“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” ~ Confucius
Sometimes we all need a few reminders
- Stuff is just stuff. Do we really need more clothes? Do we really need that chair or a bigger TV? Believe it or not, having less items can actually make you happier. You have less to worry about. With less stuff, you live simpler and thus an easier life.
- People are people no matter where you go. Do you ever find yourself wondering if people in the Bahamas have a better life than people in New York? Are people in Los Angeles richer than others? Who cares? People have problems no matter where you are and those problems are all similar: work, general life problem, children, bills, sickness, poverty. Most of us have similar goals. We all like to laugh, we all breath, we enjoy play and don’t like crying. Be kind to those around you and treat everyone with respect and compassion. We are all in this together!
- The world is big and beautiful. Go see it! Many of us do not have the freedom or funds to get up and travel but it can be the most rewarding way to spend time and money. If you want it bad enough, you’ll figure out a way to make it happen. There are so many different wonders of nature and different cultures that can add to your world view, only making you a more whole person with a greater perspective.
- Things don’t need to be so complicated. We tend to make things worse than they actually are. If you have the ability to calm yourself and relax, you will find that things that annoy, bother, anger or scare you are not actually that bad. Try to focus on the big picture and recognize the good things in life!
- Life is short. Be brave and take chances. Go do things! Get out of your comfort zone and try things that are scary, or fun. You may not realize some things are fun until you try them.